Friday, June 10, 2011

Kids in bed. Hubbys working. ITS MOMMY TIMEE....

I got the kids in bed, its going suprsingly well, their not all passed out yet but their quiet and laying still, I'LL TAKE IT!! haha. Hubby is working late finishing up a job so we can have family time this weekend. I have decided its time for ME TIME!

Heres my DIY spa list:

1) Start Bleaching Teeth....
2) Start Dying Hair....
3) Facial...
4) Pedi & Mani...


1. Teeth Whiteningg....

Professional teeth whitening is insanely expensive, less work Im sure, but expensive!
I made my own bleach trays for $2... I picked up those moldable mouth guards from Wal-Mart $0.99 a piece, along with a tube of 5 MINUTE WHITE  just $5 woo hooo!

To make the trays you simply follow the directions on the pack, I recommend just doing one tray at a time, I tried to rush and do both at once and they stuck together haha!!!
The directions are very easy, you boil water, remove the pot from the heat for 20 seconds I believe. The submerge the tray in the water for, again 20 seconds I believe, remove with a spoon, shake off then insert and mold to your teeth. Repeat for second tray!

Now you have custom fit whitening trays! I put a little bit of the gel inside the trays and bleach both the upper and lower at the same time, I leave them in for atleast 20mins. The box says to do this twice a day for the first 2 weeks and then do a weekly or monthly maintence.

2) Dying my hair...
I love box color. I went to Cosmotology school & got my license. I still love box color on my own hair compared to salon mixes. The prices are better too =)
 I used Garnier Bronze Black tonight, its currently working its magic in my hair but once I see how it turns out I'll let you know. I've used Garnier before, its only $7 so the price is pretty good. I love the condition it leaves your hair, I just havent used this color before but it seems to be a very dark brown almost black.

3) Facial....
I squeeze a bit of lemon juice {about a shot glass worth =) } onto a cotton ball or cotton round, add about a teaspoon of sugar to the cotton ball or cotton round, and begin to scrub all that dead skin awayy. The sugar helps exfoliate and soften the skin. This is like a mini face peel just not as expensive or painful!!

4) Pedi & Mani...
A little soak in some warm or hot water mixed with some body wash, a little scrub with a pumice stone on the feet... a clear coat first to keep your nails from being stained, a few coats of polish then a few more clear coats! ooooOOOORRRRrrrrr... you could just buff your nails to a pretty shinee! =)

enjoy your DIY SPA timee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment