Thursday, June 9, 2011

Antique Gumball Machinee =)

Chase and I found this Gumball machine at Goodwill a few months ago, he loved it and I've been searching for one foreverr! The best part was that it was only $5.99! DEAL!

It was bright red though, which completely clashes with the colors in my kitchen lol, I left it the way it was this longg but I couldnt take it anymore. I took it apart, scrubbed it down, and sprayed it with some self-etching primer I had. Sanded that a bit with some wet sanding paper I also had, and then sprayed it. I put about 3 coats on it to make sure it was able to withstand the little ones! Howeverr, when I put it back together I managed to have extra pieces yet everything worked the same.... hmmmmmmmm.....  

So, here it is... our antique gumball machine that we fill with those big peanut m&m's for the kids.



Have a great day everyonee! Keep cool with this crazy heat & stay hydrated!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great. I like the blue much better than the red. Who thought red was a good idea? I guess the greedy owners who wanted to attract children's attention? Love yours now!!

    ReplyDelete