Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day Coasters =)

Hey everyone, Happy Fathers day to all the amazing Daddys out there as well as the amazing single Mommys out there!

I found an idea for a great present on another blog, well a couple, but I didnt manage to save the sites!

I made Hubby and his grandfather a set of coasters with pictures of the kids. It was pretty easy to do and I cannot wait to give them their presents.

What you will need:


Mod Podge. Paint Brush. Self Adhesive Cork Roll. Tile or Glass Squares.

Print a few favorite pictures on  either plain paper or tissue paper. I used plain paper but another blog I read used tissue paper, for that you tape the tissue paper to the plain paper and run it through the printer like you normally would.

I cut the Self Adhesive Cork Roll to fit under the tile, applied it to each tile.

I then cut the pictures out, I cut them slightly smaller than the tile so the tile color would act as a border.

I applied a small amout of Mod Podge to the tile, making sure to make a thin even layer.
Allow it to dry a bit before placing your pictures to the tile, otherwise it will be too wet and it will cause the picture to wrinkle or tear when you smooth it. However, make sure the Mod Podge isnt too dry, I did both too wet and too dry but its just some trial and error, if its too dry it will cause bubbling when you apply the Mod Podge to the top of the picture.

Smooth the picture with a gentle finger, careful not to pull or push too hard.

Once you have applied the pictures to all of the tiles, allow them to sit for a few minutes, about 10-15 minutes worked best.

Then, you are able to apply a little Mod Podge to the top of the picture, just as you did before adding the pictures, thin even coats over the entire tile top.

Again, allow them to dry for another 10-15 minutes, then you are able to apply another coat. You can add as many coats as you would like.



Hubby's Coaster set!



and here is Great GrandPops


Happy Mod Podging =)

Hope everyone enjoys their day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment